- 4 large
- potatoes (i prefer red potatoes, but yukon golds work well too)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil (more, if needed)
- black pepper
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 small
- green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1-2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped fresh parsley (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- shredded cheese (oka is a great choice)
How to Make Home-Fried Potatoes
- 1Rinse potato cubes with cold water, drain well, and then cube potatoes.
- 2Heat oil in large skills. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- 3Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, paprika, and parsley, and cook until the potatoes are crisp and brown on all sides, about 10 more minutes, stirring frequently to ensure even browning.
- 4During the last few minutes of cooking, spread a handful of shredded cheese on top and continue cooking until the cheese starts to melt. Serve hot.