★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- new baby potatoes, red or gold
- 4 clove
- sliced garlic
- 2 tsp
- chicken boullion
- 1 small
- onion, minced
- 6 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 4 Tbsp
- dill, dried
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make Herbed New Potatoes
- 1Wash potatoes to remove all dirt.
Leave skins on, cut in half.
- 2Place potatoes in medium sauce pan , cover with water.
Add garlic, bullion, onion.
Bring water to boil, cook potatoes until tender.
- 3Drain potatoes.
In hot saucepan melt butter until bubbly, add dill.
Add potatoes and toss gently.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately. These are especially good with a fresh spring salad or pan fried trout.
- 4You can use whatever your favorite herb is; rosemary, sage, thyme, lavender. I recommend only one herb at a time.
Instead of cooking the onion with the potatoes, you can add minced green onion or scallions to the butter and leave out the herb.