Heavenly Scalloped Potatoes
2 Tbspvegan margarine
1 Tbspwhite spelt flour
1 1/2 cplain coffee creamer
·salt and pepper to taste
4-6 largeyukon gold potatoes
1 largesweet onion
·bread crumbs, buttered
·melted vegan margarine
How to Make Heavenly Scalloped Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350'F.
- Melt the Vegan margarine in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in the flour. Let it cook for a minute to get rid of the flour taste.
- Add the soy creamer slowly and stir until thickened. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray or grease a baking dish.
- Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes and onions very thin.
- Alternate layers of potato and onions.
- Pour the white sauce over everything.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. You can use plain or seasoned ones for something different.
- Sprinkle some melted vegan margarine over the crumbs.
- Bake covered for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more to brown the crumbs. Serve hot.