Heavenly Scalloped Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp
- vegan margarine
- 1 Tbsp
- white spelt flour
- 1 1/2 c
- plain coffee creamer
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 large
- yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large
- sweet onion
- bread crumbs, buttered
- melted vegan margarine
How to Make Heavenly Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Preheat the oven to 350'F.
- 2Melt the Vegan margarine in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- 3Stir in the flour. Let it cook for a minute to get rid of the flour taste.
- 4Add the soy creamer slowly and stir until thickened. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Spray or grease a baking dish.
- 6Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes and onions very thin.
- 7Alternate layers of potato and onions.
- 8Pour the white sauce over everything.
- 9Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs. You can use plain or seasoned ones for something different.
- 10Sprinkle some melted vegan margarine over the crumbs.
- 11Bake covered for 1 hour.
- 12Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more to brown the crumbs. Serve hot.