Heaven and Earth
I have had this recipe for years and it from a little card that was sent in mail.
- 1 lb
- potatoes, pared, cut into thin wedges (i use red)
- boiling salted water
- 1 lb
- apples, pared, cored, cut into wedges
- 2 to 3 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1/8 to 1/2 tsp
- ground cloves
- salt and pepper
- 4 slice
- bacon, cooked crisp (peppered bacon would be awesome)
- chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Heaven and Earth
- 1In a medium saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling salted water or steam for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside. In another saucepan, place apples in small amount of water and cook about 10 minutes or untl apples are soft. Drain.
If you are using two different types of apples make sure they are cooked to the same degree. I didn't check mine and so we had the red apples cooked perfectly and the yellow apples were still a little underdone.