Hasselback Potato with Crumb Topping
So Im always looking for new ways to present our favourites, and the crumb topping on this old friend is like the icing on the cake! :)
When mixing the crumbs, leave out the garlic unless your kids like it. You can add it in when you've separated a portion for the childrens potatoes.
6-8potatoes, small and whole
2 Tbspolive oil (add more if necessary)
30 gbutter, melted
1/2-1 tspsalt for crumb topping
1 tspdried parsley (more if using fresh)
1-2small cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tspdried rosemary
3 Tbsppanko breadcrumbs (you can use any kind but this is what i like)
2 tspparmesan cheese
How to Make Hasselback Potato with Crumb Topping
- Preheat oven to 200C
Wash and dry potatoes so they're pretty. Thinly slice them partway, Hasselback style.
Place them in a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Add melted butter to olive oil and mix well. Use half of this mixture to brush onto the potatoes, in between slices as well as you can be bothered.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and cook in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add the remaining oil and butter mixture. Add in the remaining ingredients including the Panko crumbs. Stir well.
- When potatoes are done, remove tray from oven and set oven to grill.
- Take spoonfuls of breadcrumbs and pat onto each potato.
Try to spread the crumbs well so they cover as much of the potato top as possible (mine hardly do so dont be alarmed if you think you are running out of topping, it just depends on the size of your potatoes).