Make some slices in a potato, bake, and it magically fans out into an impressive looking potato with LOTS of character indeed, making for a brilliant addition to any meal!
You can add or omit ingredients, dress them up as you wish!
- a drizzle of olive oil
- fresh chives and garlic chopped
- thinly sliced butter
- sliced cheese of your choice (i chose parmesan)
- herbed sour cream (or just plain sour cream as shown)
- 3/4 - 1 c
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp
- fresh dill
- 1/2 - 1
- minced garlic clove
- 2 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- dash of salt and pepper
HERBED SOUR CREAM
How to Make HASSELBACK POTATOES
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Wash and scrub potatoes until clean.
Using a sharp knife, make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through.
Tip: Place 2 wooden spoons with handles of the same width on each side of the potato and start slicing the potato into thin slices. The spoons will stop the knife from cutting all the way through the potato :)