Hash Brown Casserole
Mary Beth Cauthen
- 2 pkg
- (12 oz each) frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of celery soup
- 3 c
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 tsp
- crazy jane salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 small
- sweet onion, chopped
How to Make Hash Brown Casserole
- 1In a colander, thaw the frozen hash browns. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a medium saucepan, cook chopped onions in butter until translucent. Add undiluted soup, sour cream and 2 c. of the cheese into saucepan. Continue stirring over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat.
- 3Put thawed potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Pour sauce over potatoes and mix until thoroughly coated. Pour into large greased casserole dish. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden and bubbly.