Hamburger Gravy with Mashed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper or to taste
- 1-2 tsp
- kitchen bouquet (to brown-up the gravy)
- 4 Tbsp
- flour - or more if gravy is still too thin
- 1 1/2 c
- skim or 1% milk or more to thicken
- fresh mashed potatoes
How to Make Hamburger Gravy with Mashed Potatoes
- 1In a large skillet w/ 2 tsp olive oil brown the hamburger and chopped onion. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir until ground meat is no longer pink and the onions are soft.
- 2Stir in the flour and add the milk, stirring constantly until gravy starts to thicken. Add Kitchen Bouquet for color (opt) and if not as thick as you would like stir 4-tbls flour into a cup of hot water and stir until flour absorbed. Then slowly add to your gravy as much as you need. Be careful of adding too much because then you will need to add more milk! Salt and pepper again if needed.
- 3Serve over your mashed potatoes. My family likes this served with green beans. Enjoy!