Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Oh boy... this is going to be on my dinner menu again this summer! It's really tasty and filling. Plus, cooking it on the grill means I don't have to heat up the kitchen on a hot day. I chose to add potatoes to this recipe and they were delish. But I bet pasta or rice would be lovely too. The Test Kitchen
1 largeonion, diced 1/2" pieces
1 largepepper, any color, diced 1/2" pieces
1 lbsmoked sausage, sliced in 1/4" coins
20 largeraw shrimp, fresh or frozen, peeled & cleaned with tail on or off
2 tspminced garlic
1/2 cunsalted butter
4 Tbspparmigiano-reggiano, grated
5 smallpotatoes, diced 1/2" pieces (optional)
1 smallpackage angel hair pasta (optional)
2 crice (optional)
How to Make Grilled Shrimp and Sausage with Peppers and Onions
- Dice onions, peppers (I used 1/2 a green pepper and 1/2 an orange pepper) and slice sausage.
- In a disposable aluminum pan, add the butter. Place over grill.
- Add sausage, garlic and veggies to pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When sausage and veggies are al' dente add shrimp. Cook for an additional 2-4 minutes until all of the shrimp are pink. Top with grated parmigiano-reggiano. Serve as is, with potatoes or over angel hair pasta or rice.
- OPTIONAL: To serve with potatoes. Add potatoes to the butter and begin cooking before adding the sausage and veggies. When they are al' dente add the sausage, garlic and veggies and continue following steps 3 & 4.
- OPTIONAL: To serve over angel hair pasta. Follow steps
1-4. In addition, boil pasta like normal until al'dente. Drain water. In a large frying pan add 3-5 TBS. unsalted butter. Continue cooking the butter until you see it foaming and the butter getting brown. Add the drained noodles and fry them in the butter for 1-3 minutes, or until the noodles have turned slightly brown from the butter. Put the noodles in a serving dish and top with the sausage, shrimp and veggie mixture and the parmigiano-reggiano.
- OPTIONAL: To serve over rice. Follow steps 1-4. In addition cook rice like normal. Put the rice in a serving dish and top with the sausage, shrimp and veggie mixture and the parmigiano-reggiano.