Grandma's Twice Baked Potatoes
- 5 large
- baking potatoes
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 2 Tbsp
- chives, dried
- 1/2 stick
- 1 medium
- onion, diced
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Grandma's Twice Baked Potatoes
- 1Mix sour cream and chives together and set aside.
- 2Bake potatoes in 400 oven for 1 hour, or until done. Remove from oven and cut open potatoes (do not cut potato shells completely in two) and scoop out insides into large bowl. Place 4 empty shells on baking sheet; discard the 5th shell.
- 3Add sour cream/chive mixture, butter, onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add 1 cup of the cheese; mix.
- 4Refill 4 of the potato shells - heaping the potato mixture inside shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of filling.
- 5Place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes to reheat filling and melt cheese on top.
- 6NOTE: You can prepare as many twice baked potatoes as you desire - just adjust the other ingredient amounts to suit your taste. Always bake an extra potato so that you have enough filling to fill the shells to heaping. You can also bake several regular sized potatoes in place of an extra baking potato. Choose large, well rounded potatoes. ENJOY!