Gramma Snowball's Candied Yams
- 2 can(s)
- (lg) sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 qt
- (or 1 lg can) bottled apples, save about 1c syrup
- 1/2 bag small
- marshmallows (or lg cut into 1/4s)
- cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and/or cardamom, to taste
- brown sugar, light or dark, to taste.
- 1/2-1 stick
- butter or margarine, again to taste
How to Make Gramma Snowball's Candied Yams
- 1pour drained potatoes and apples into lg mixing bowl. add the reserved syrup, spices and sugar. Mix well with a lg rubber scraper.
- 2Turn into 9x13 baking dish and dot with butter. Bake at 350 for 15-25 min, til hot and bubbly.
- 3Top with marshmallows, and broil til marshmallows are toasted. Watch carefully, they'll burn on you the second you turn your back! You can omit the marshmallows if you want, or pour the whole bag on, all up to you! Enjoy!