How to Make Gnocchi
- Mix your potato buds with the boiling water. Let cool completely.
- Mix in your beaten egg and salt and pepper.
- Encorporate your flour until you get a nice dough. Should not be tacky.
- Make a flat disk, and slice into even strips.
- Roll your strips into long logs about finger size around.
- On a baking sheet put a generous amount of flour, then you want to cut the gnocchi about 1 inch wide. placing the cut gnocchi in the floured tray.
- At this step you will either freeze immediately or put into boiling water immediately. I do about 1/2 at a time. Then when they float. Remove them from the water and saute them in butter.
- You can also serve them with marinara sauce, or with sauteed onions, garlic and butter. Sprinkle with parmasean cheese. Enjoy!
- NOTE: Please don't salt the water. Your Gnocchi will be salty if you do.