Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium
- sweet potatoes of equal size
- 1 c
- brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 stick
How to Make Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 11. Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket over simmering water. Cover. Let steam until potatoes are fork tender. (time depends on size of potatoes).
- 22. Allow potatoes to cool until you can handle them. Remove the outer skin. Cut potatoes in 1/2 or 1/4's lengthwise depending on size of potato.
- 33. Put brown sugar on a large plate or in a pie pan. Roll cut sweet potatoes in sugar pressing the sugar on until well coated. (note: the hotter the potatoes, the more easily the sugar will stick).
- 44. Melt butter in a large heavy frying pan. Place the sugared potatoes in the butter. Turn frequently until golden brown and syrupy. (about 10 - 15 minutes) (be careful, the sugar will burn easily). Remove to a platter and serve. (may keep warm in the oven until ready to serve).