★★★★★ 1 vote5
6medium size russet potatos
1 ccold water
2 Tbspapple cider vinegar
3strips of bacon
2 Tbspbacon grease
1small onion thinly sliced
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make German Potato Salad
- Cook potatos in their jackets till tender butnot falling open, Pour off water and shake dry over heat.
- When potatos cool peel and slice and place in casserole dish
- Add thinly sliced onion on top of potatos
- Take 3 strips of bacon and dice, fry until crisp, but watch carefully so it doesn't burn. Drain bacon pieces on paper towel. Reserve 2 Tablespoons bacon fat.
- Make sauce using water, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch. Boil till thick, about the consistancy of pudding. Taste sauce it should taste sweet/sour.
- Add 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon grease, add diced bacon. Taste and adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
- Cool till lukewarm
- Pour sauce over sliced potatos and onion in casserole dish.
- Serve immediatly. Best served warm.