This is my go to light coating when I want a light breaded texture without the thickness of batter. Change up the spices and you can coat just about anything with it.
3russet potatoes cut into wedges
1 Tbspmontreal steak seasoning
1 1/2 Tbspgarlic powder
1/2 Tbsponion powder
1 1/2 tspseasoning salt
1 1/2 tspground pepper
1/4 tspcayenne pepper
1 1/2 cvegetable oil
How to Make Garlicky Potatoes
- Wash potatoes and cut into wedges, fries, rounds or your choice of papa heaven. Papa is Spanish for potato.
- Place chopped potatoes into a microwaveable container. Fill with water until potatoes are covered.
- Toss in Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook in micro on high for 5 minutes or so...just to begin to soften and get translucent on the edges.
- While potatoes cook, in small bowl, mix constarch, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne well.
- Drain papas and let sit for a couple of minutes to cool off and drain well.
- Place drained potatoes in large bowl and sprinkle with 2 or 3 spoon fulls of cornstarch mixture. Toss in bowl to coat. Repeat until potatoes are well coated and powder is finished.
- Heat vegetable oil to medium high and fry potatoes in small bunches.
- You can also coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray and lay the potato wedges out to roast at about 400F, for 20-30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.