This is my go to light coating when I want a light breaded texture without the thickness of batter. Change up the spices and you can coat just about anything with it.
- russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1 Tbsp
- montreal steak seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Garlicky Potatoes
- 1Wash potatoes and cut into wedges, fries, rounds or your choice of papa heaven. Papa is Spanish for potato.
- 2Place chopped potatoes into a microwaveable container. Fill with water until potatoes are covered.
- 3Toss in Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook in micro on high for 5 minutes or so...just to begin to soften and get translucent on the edges.
- 4While potatoes cook, in small bowl, mix constarch, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne well.
- 5Drain papas and let sit for a couple of minutes to cool off and drain well.
- 6Place drained potatoes in large bowl and sprinkle with 2 or 3 spoon fulls of cornstarch mixture. Toss in bowl to coat. Repeat until potatoes are well coated and powder is finished.
- 7Heat vegetable oil to medium high and fry potatoes in small bunches.
- 8You can also coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray and lay the potato wedges out to roast at about 400F, for 20-30 minutes, turning once halfway through baking.