Garlic Mashed Potatoes- Copycat of Applebee's
I love these potatoes because they are a bit lumpy and have the beautiful red skins in them. It does take a while to roast the garlic, but that step is so important to making them GOOD! Its the key to this whole recipe.
- 1 medium
- bulb fresh garlic (not clove but the whole bulb with many cloves)
- 2 lb
- red skinned potatoes
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream or half and half
- 1/4 c
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make Garlic Mashed Potatoes- Copycat of Applebee's
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap garlic bulb in aluminum foil, sealing well. Bake for 45 minutes until garlic is soft.
Remove garlic from oven when done. Let cool in wrapping. When cool unwrap, peel the cloves, and squeeze out cooked pulp. Set aside.
- 2When garlic is done wash and quarter potates, leaving skin on. Boil in as small an amount of water as possible for about 20 minutes or until cooked. Drain.
Add all ingredients to hot potatoes and mash by hand with a potato masher, leaving lumps to your liking. Serve immediately.