Fruity Sweet Potatoes
I found this recipe in a Slow Cooker cookbook and decided to give it a try. These are rich and sweet, with far less fat and sugar than I would normally add which equates to being able to eat more of them. :-) They smell and taste SO good!
NOTE: I used my smaller 4 quart cooker
- 2 lb
- (about 6 medium) sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- brown sugar (i prefer dark)
- 1/4 c
- melted butter
- 1 tsp
How to Make Fruity Sweet Potatoes
- 1Peel sweet potatoes if you wish (I did!). Cut into cubes. In the photo, mine are about 1 inch.
- 2In a bowl, mix together applesauce, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Spoon over potatoes.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender. (see note!)
- 4Serve with sauce poured over potatoes. You may also top with chopped nuts. I didn't do this, but if I were going to I'd probably used toasted pecans.