Fried Smashed Potatoes with Lemons
Anyway, this recipe is so satisfying and I wanted to share it with you.
- 2 lb
- baby or fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- lemons, zested
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Fried Smashed Potatoes with Lemons
- 1For the potatoes: Put the potatoes in an 8-quart stockpot with enough cold water to cover by at least 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow to dry for 5 minutes. Using the palm of your hand, gently press the potatoes until lightly smashed.
- 4For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, parsley, thyme, and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the dressing over the potatoes and toss gently until coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the potatoes to a serving bowl and serve.