Fried Greek Potatoes
6 largebaking potates, washed, not peeled and cut up as for large french fries
·juice of 1 lemon (or more to taste)
·kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and oregano to taste
1/2 colive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Fried Greek Potatoes
- Combine the potatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and oregano in a bowl, mix well and allow the potatoes to marinate for an hour or so.
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or deep skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Add the marinated potatoes and fry them, tossing gently but often, until they begin to brown.
- Adjust the seasonings, adding additional salt, pepper, lemon juice and oregano, as desired.
- Cook until nicely browned and just tender. Do not let the potatoes get so soft that they fall apart.