French Fried Mashed Potatoes
- mashed potatoes, seasoned, whipped & chilled
- eggs, beaten
- kosher salt & pepper
- whole milk
- panko bread crumbs
- wondra flour
- canola or vegetable oil for frying
- ***create your own version of these little wonders by adding grated cheese, chives, crisp bacon bits--- almost anything you can think of!
HERE'S THE BASIC RECIPE
How to Make French Fried Mashed Potatoes
- 1Combine some milk and the beaten eggs in a mixing bowl. Then season [salt is important] the panko bread crumbs with salt and pepper in another bowl. Place some wondra flour in another. This is your "Coating Station".
- 2Pre-heat about an inch of oil in a skillet to 350 to 375 degrees.
- 3Using a mellon-baller [no larger than an inch-and-a-half], create balls from the chilled mashed potatoes.
- 4Coat the potato balls this way: 1] egg, 2] wondra flour, 3] egg, and 4] seasoned panko. Deep fry until golden brown & serve hot!