Fanned Roasted Potatoes
How to Make Fanned Roasted Potatoes
- Cut six to eight 12X9 inch rectangles of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Make 4 or more slices, side by side, into the potatoes, taking care NOT to cut the whole way, just about 3/4 of the way down. (an easy way to do this is to put the potato on a large serving-type spoon, and begin to slice downward. Your knife will stop when it hits the edges of the spoon.)
- Fan-open the potatoes, gently.
- Place 2 on each piece of foil.
- Drizzle the butter over top of potatoes and sprinkle with salt, pepper, chives and tarragon to taste. Seal the foil to form packets.
- Place in oven and cook until tender, approximately 1 hour.