"Family Old timer", Potato Salad
Note: This dressing is also "exceptionally" good in Macaroni Salad. This is our Families favorite.
- 6-7 medium
- potatoes, russets . . . boiled
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 jar(s)
- dill relish (8oz) small jar,
- 1 small
- onion diced (optional)
- 1 can(s)
- black olives sliced (optional)
- 1 1/3 c
- mayonnaise ( best foods) mix seperately
- 2 Tbsp
- yellow mustard, add to mayo
- 1 Tbsp
- onion powder, add to mayo
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder,add to mayo
- 1/3 c
- dill pickle juice, add to mayo.
- mix well.
MIX DRESSING MIXTURE INTO A SMALL BOWL, TOSS INTO POTATOS,
How to Make "Family Old timer", Potato Salad
- 1Boil Potatoes with skins on, Together, with Eggs in lightly salted water. Eggs will be done before the Potatoes. Remove them to ice cold water.
Peel and dice the eggs, while waiting for the potato's.
- 2Peel Potatoes under running water. They peel easily.
In large Bowl;
Dice or chop potato's into chunks
add the Olives if desired
Dice onions, if you desire them in your salad,
(Some people do not eat onions So I delete onions for some)
Mix in seperate Measuring cup or Small bowl.
Mix Together: Mayo, Mustard, Dill pickle Juice,Onion Pdr, & garlic Pdr. Stir well
- 4Add: Dressing into Chopped Potato's, eggs, Relish, onions, & olives.
TOSS WELL. . .
CHILL, & Serve.
- 5This has been a long time favorite recipe of the family and handed down by my grandmother over 60 yrs ago.
Suggestion, & HINT:
When I make my salad, You never know how much to fix.
Good rule of thumb is: 1 potato per person. and 1 egg for every 2 potatoes. and you can't go wrong with amounts to make and serve.
She also made this same dressing and added to Macroni, for a super Macaroni Salad. Old recipe, from when things were made from scratch, mostly. Back then they used dill pickles instead of the dill pickle relish. You still can, instead of the relish.