English Roasted Potatoes
The tip to these potatoes is par boiling and a very hot roasting pan to start.
- 6 medium
- russet potatoes,washed
- 1/4 c
- olive oil (butter or other oil will work as well; a butter/olive oil combination is very good too)
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp
- cracked black pepper
- head of garlic, broken into pieces
How to Make English Roasted Potatoes
- 1Parboil the potatoes in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- 2In a 375 degree F oven, heat a baking pan large enough to hold your potatoes without crowding. Just make sure it is heated well beforehand. This will help keep the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- 3After parboiling, drain the potatoes and let them stand for 5 minutes. Then toss the potatoes with the oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- 4Place the seasoned potatoes, garlic and oil to the hot baking pan. These should sizzle as they hit the pan.
- 5Roast the potatoes for about 60-75 minutes or until they are nicely golden brown all over. turn the potatoes every 20 minutes or so.
After the first 10 minutes, give the pan a shake to make sure the potatoes are not sticking to it.
The roasted garlic may have to be removed before the potatoes are finished as it generally cooks faster.
- 6Enjoy!..they are delicious.