Elaine's Company Potato Salad
- 8 to 10 large
- russet potatoes
- 1 dozen large
- eggs, hard boiled
- 1 small
- vidalia or other sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- bacon (12 to 16 ounce) cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 to 1 1/2 c
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Elaine's Company Potato Salad
- 1Peel, wash and cut up potatoes. Place in a dutch oven and cover with water. Add about 1 tsp of salt to the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and blot with paper towels to remove as much moisture as possible. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 2Cook bacon until crisp, let cool to crumble. Remove thoroughly chilled potatoes from the refrigerator and add bacon and chopped onion. Reserve three of the hard-boiled eggs and set aside. Coarsely chop remaining eggs and add to potatoes, bacon and onions.
- 3In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. When thoroughly mixed, add to potatoes and toss lightly to coat. Smooth out top with spoon. Slice remaining hard-boiled eggs and place on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill thoroughly for at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
- 4SPECIAL NOTE: You can adjust the amount of mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. If you prefer a dryer salad, use the lesser amounts. You may also adjust the seasonings to your own tastes.