EASY RUTH’S CHRIS SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
Be a savvy hostess with this easy, make-ahead Ruth’s Chris Sweet Potato Casserole. It's the perfect holiday side dish, fabulously delicious, and it can be prepared a day in advance, leaving minimal work (and more time to relax with family and friends) on the big day.
For more great recipes, please visit FamilySavvy.com
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cbrown sugar
1 cchopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/3 stickbutter, melted
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE:
3 cmashed sweet potatoes
2eggs, well beaten
1 stickbutter, melted
How to Make EASY RUTH’S CHRIS SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a medium-size casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl in the order listed. Beat thoroughly with a hand mixer to increase the fluffiness of the sweet potato mixture.
- Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. (At this point, dish can be covered and refrigerated.)
- Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture and return to oven for 10 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The brown sugar and pecan crust should be slightly browned and crunchy.
- Two options for make-ahead:
• Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; put in ziploc. Meal day~add topping and bake fully.
• Prep potatoes; spread in dish. Make topping; reserve for next day. Bake potatoes. Meal day~add topping to potatoes and simply bake until heated through.
- Time Saving Tip:
Ready to steam whole sweet potatoes can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores. They take 8-10 minutes in the microwave~so quick and easy! You just pierce the package and microwave.