Easy Potato Pancakes( A.K.A.Foolproof Potato Pancakes)
3 cfrozen shredded hash brown potatoes
2 Tbspall purpose flour
2large eggs,well beaten
1 1/2 Tbspwater
1/4 cfinely chopped sweet onion,can use green onion for a bit of color (optional)
1/2 tspground black pepper (optional)
2 Tbspvegetable oil,might need a bit more
How to Make Easy Potato Pancakes( A.K.A.Foolproof Potato Pancakes)
- Place the frozen hashbrowns in strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed,drain.( if you need to,squeeze out extra water with your hands)
- Place drained potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add flour,eggs,water,butter,and salt( if you are using onions and ground pepper add now.).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat,until hot but not smoking.
- Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls into oil and flatten slightly.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels to absorb remaining oil.