Easy Hash Brown Casserole
1 pkgore ida shredded hash brown potatoes
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 lbground sausage meat (optional)
8 ozsour cream
1/2 cmelted butter
2 cgrated cheddar cheese
2 ccrushed corn chex (or corn flakes)
How to Make Easy Hash Brown Casserole
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute sausage meat and onion until nice and brown. Drain, cool and set aside.
- Mix the soup, sour cream, salt and 2/3 rds of the melted butter. Stir in the grated cheese and frozen potatoes.
- Add cooled onion and sausage mixture and blend all ingredients.
- Spread in a greased 9" X 13" pan.
- Place the corn chex/flakes in a blender and crush to desired texture. I like mine fine so a few pulses and the job is done.. Add the melted butter and toss. Spread over top of casserole and pop in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.