Double Baked Potatoes -- Decadent -- Delightful and Delicious
This offering is up to the challenge -- And sure to be a hit, at you next cookout.
An additional side of Baked Beans and a Tossed Salad or Slaw and you are ready for your guests.
A Long Island Tea anyone?
NOTE: The cook should indulge only after the meal is ready to be plated.
- idaho or russet potatoes large (serves 4)
- 1/2 stick
- 1/2 tsp
- dash of pepper
- 2 oz
- philaelphia cream cheese (1/4 8 oz. pkg.)
- 1/2 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- shredded co-jack cheese ( or choice)
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic and/or onion powder (not salt) (optional could be added)
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- dab of sour cream to top when ready to plate
- 1/3 c
- chopped chives or green onion tops (cut in thin rings)
- crumpled bacon bits
- a sprinkling of paprika
How to Make Double Baked Potatoes -- Decadent -- Delightful and Delicious
- 1Scrub the potatoes and wrap in aluminum foil and bake in 350 to 375 degree oven for 1 hour. I turn potatoes over 2/3 way through the baking to insure even cooking.
- 2Bake until soft when squeezed. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Then scoop out potato and place in large bowl, reserve the skins. (Leave enough potato in skins to insure firm skins.)
- 3Mash the potatoes to a course texture. I use a multi- bladed pastry blender for this. Then add the 2 oz. cream cheese that you have sliced and diced to assist in blending. add the 1/2 cup sour cream, the salt and pepper. Add the 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 stick butter. Mix and combine all well. The end product should be small minced chunks. You could mash finer if you prefer.
- 4Spoon combined mixture into potato skins and pile high. When filled drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with a little paprika if desired and return to oven to brown tops of potatoes. 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5When ready to serve top with a dollup of sour cream, and sprinkle with chives or sliced green onion tops. Sprinkle crumpled bits of cooked bacon if desired. Serve and Enjoy.
- 6Picture to follow soon.
- 7Note: Cheddar, Provolone, Gruyere or or your cheese of choice would work well.