Dewillia's German Potato Salad
It doesn't take a lots of ingredients either.
I hope you will enjoy it like all of my family does.
- 6 large
- potatoes, boiled, cooled, sliced round
- 3/4 lb
- good smoked bacon, fried crispy
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- of bacon grease
- vinegar to taste, i use the white vinegar. you want to taste the vinegar
- mayonnaise like you would with any potato salad.
- salt & pepper
How to Make Dewillia's German Potato Salad
- 1Mix all ingredients and serve while warm. Its very good. The more bacon the better. I always pour nearly all the grease out of my pan and then pour the bottom part where the good drippings are over my potatoes. I then add my other ingredients. I taste the salad until I get the amount of vinegar in it that makes it taste good.
- 2This salad is especially good with BBQ. We have it at our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners a lot of times.
- 3If I can find bacon ends, I use them, they seem to have more flavor. Make & enjoy.