Danish Hash with Fried Eggs1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Danish Hash with Fried Eggs
- 1In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 2Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until they are limp and golden (about 15 minutes).
- 3When onions are cooked, transfer to another container and keep warm.
- 4Then, in the same frying pan over medium-high heat, melt 3 tablespoons more of the butter and cook potatoes, turning as needed to brown on all sides; add to onions and keep warm.
- 5Add 1 tablespoon more butter to the pan and cook beef, stirring occasionally, until it is browned and heated through.
- 6Add beef to container with onions and potatoes; keep warm.
- 7Again using the same frying pan add broth, worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- 8Cook over high heat until reduced by about half; then pour over hash mixture.
- 9Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- 10Using the same pan, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons butter and fry eggs until done as desired.
- 11Spoon hash onto a warm platter and arrange eggs on top.
- 12Garnish with the lettuce and tomatoes.