How to Make CRISS-CROSS POTATOES
- 1Wash potatoes and cut in half lengthwise. Dry with paper towel.
- 2Score the cut surface of each potato half with a sharp knife in a criss-cross pattern, about 1/8" deep.
- 3Place potatoes on a baking sheet and lavishly spread butter on top of each. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Bake in a 350-degree oven for 1 hour. Sprinkle potatoes with paprika if desired and bake 15 minutes more.
- 5We like this with chicken fried steak or Swiss steak. Serve with butter and sour cream.