☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 lbred boiling potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
3 Tbspgrapeseed or canola oil
2 tspcumin seeds
3/4 tspsalt, or to taste
1/2 tspground black pepper
1/2 tspcayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make Crispy Potatoes with Cumin - Zeera Aloo
- Put the potatoes in a pot with cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, turn the heat down, and simmer, covered, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain, let cool, and refrigerate until very cold. Then peel and cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat the oil with the cumin in a large wok or nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook, stirring often, until a crisp, golden brown crust forms, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, black pepper, and cayenne, if using. taste for salt and serve hot.