Creamy Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin
Diane Hopson Smith
This side dish will definitely be included in my holiday cooking.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb
- potatoes, russets, peeled and sliced thin (1/8 - inch)
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 to 2` tsp
- garlic, minced (I used jarred)
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 c
- Parmesan cheese, grated (I used Kraft from jar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp
- additional butter
- additional Parmesan cheese
How to Make Creamy Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9-inch pie dish well. I used a deep dish.
- 2Peel and slice potatoes; rinse with cold water. Cover potatoes with cold water while preparing other ingredients.
- 3Combine cream, butter, garlic, thyme and nutmeg in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- 4Meanwhile layer potatoes in pie plate. With each layer, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I made 2 layers. When cream is hot (but not boiling) pour over the potatoes. Dab soft butter on top.
- 5Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and put under broiler long enough to lightly brown.