Creamy Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin
Diane Hopson Smith
This side dish will definitely be included in my holiday cooking.
Hope you enjoy!
1 1/2 to 2 lbpotatoes, russets, peeled and sliced thin (1/8 - inch)
1 1/2 cheavy cream
1 to 2` tspgarlic, minced (I used jarred)
1/2 tspthyme, dried
1/2 cParmesan cheese, grated (I used Kraft from jar)
·salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1 1/2 Tbspadditional butter
·additional Parmesan cheese
How to Make Creamy Parmesan Potatoes Au Gratin
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9-inch pie dish well. I used a deep dish.
- Peel and slice potatoes; rinse with cold water. Cover potatoes with cold water while preparing other ingredients.
- Combine cream, butter, garlic, thyme and nutmeg in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
- Meanwhile layer potatoes in pie plate. With each layer, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I made 2 layers. When cream is hot (but not boiling) pour over the potatoes. Dab soft butter on top.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and put under broiler long enough to lightly brown.