Creamy Mashed Potatoes... the loaded way!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This super yummy recipe is like eating a mashed potato casserole! Savory, creamy, and very filling, I've been known to top it off with a pat of butter too. If you're going to go the comfort food route, go all the way! The Test Kitchen
8medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 to 3 lbs.) peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
1 ccarnation evaporated milk
1/2 csour cream
1/2 tspfresh ground pepper
2 c(8) ounce bag, shredded cheddar cheese, divided
6slices cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
·sliced green onions
How to Make Creamy Mashed Potatoes... the loaded way!
- Boil potatoes in water until tender, then drain.
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease 3 qt. casserole dish.
- Return potatoes to pan, add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand held mixer or mash with potato masher until smooth. Stir in 1 and 1/2 cups cheese and half of the bacon. Spoon mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until heated through, remove from oven...top with remaining cheese, bacon and chopped green onions. Bake another 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
- *This can be assembled ahead and stored in fridge. When ready to bake directly from the fridge....cover with foil, and bake for 40-45 minutes until heated through, remove foil and top with remaining cheese, bacon and green onion, bake another 3-5 minutes. Serve hot!
- Just thought of something..I might add a little butter to this before baking..it didn't call for it..but how can you have mashed potatoes without BUTTER?!! I think I'm related to Paula Deen..LOL!