Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Photo by me.
- 10 large
- potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 oz.
- sour cream
- 8 oz.
- onion and chive cream cheese, or sub plain for a milder flavor
- 6 Tbl.
- butter, divided
- *(2 tbl. dried onion flakes if using plain cream cheese)
- 1/2-1 tsp.
- *pats of butter
- *finely minced parsley, optional
How to Make Creamy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- 1Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes, place in large bowl, and mash with sour cream, cream cheese, onions, salt, and 4 tablespoons of butter, stirring until butter and cream cheese have melted. Spread potatoes into greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Melt remaining butter and drizzle over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use (you can bake these right away, of course). Refrigerated potatoes need to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add additional pats of butter and parsley if desired.