Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (Crock Pot)
- 5 lb
- sierra gold, red or russett potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 c
- chicken broth, low salt (can use water or half water, half broth)
- 1 c
- butter, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 3 1/4 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 c
- milk, slightly warmed
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
How to Make Creamy Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes (Crock Pot)
- 1Place the potatoes, water, chicken broth and butter into a 4-5 quart slow cooker.
Season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Cover, and cook High for 4 - 4 1/2 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- 2Do not remove the excess water from slow cooker. This adds to the creamy texture.
Mash potatoes with a masher or electric beater, adding the desired amount of warm milk and the sour cream to achieve a creamy consistency.
- 3May serve immediately or Keep warm on low until serving up to 2 hours. Just keep the lid on it.
Stir before serving.