Creamy Carrot-Potato Boats
4 largeidaho (russet) baking potatoes
18 oz. can sliced carrots, drained or 1 cup steamed sliced carrots or 1 cup cooked frozen carrots
1/2container of soft style cream cheese
2 Tbspchopped green onions (or your favorite type of onion)
How to Make Creamy Carrot-Potato Boats
- Bake potatoes in oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Cool slightly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out each potato half, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine potato pulp, carrots, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of the milk, and the pepper.
Beat until smooth, adding more milk, if necessary. Stir in green onions.
Spoon potato mixture into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with a little dollop of sour cream, if desired.