Creamy Carrot-Potato Boats
- 4 large
- idaho (russet) baking potatoes
- 8 oz. can sliced carrots, drained or 1 cup steamed sliced carrots or 1 cup cooked frozen carrots
- container of soft style cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- chopped green onions (or your favorite type of onion)
How to Make Creamy Carrot-Potato Boats
- 1Bake potatoes in oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until done. Cool slightly.
- 2Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out each potato half, leaving a thin shell.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, combine potato pulp, carrots, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of the milk, and the pepper.
Beat until smooth, adding more milk, if necessary. Stir in green onions.
Spoon potato mixture into potato shells.
- 4Place on a baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Serve with a little dollop of sour cream, if desired.