Coriander Potatoes (Batatas Corn Coentro)
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From The Food of Portugal by Jean Anderson.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 12 small
- new potatoes of uniform size, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1/4 c
- finey minced fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, to taste
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Coriander Potatoes (Batatas Corn Coentro)
- 1Cook the potatoes in enough water to cover in a large covered saucepan over moderate heat until fork-tender-35 to 40 minutes; drain well, cool until easy to handle, then slip off the skins.
- 2Warm the olive oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over low heat. Add the peeled potatoes and turn in the oil mixture 1 to 2 minutes until the potatoes begin to color; sprinkle the coriander over all and turn the potatoes in the coriander 2 to 3 minutes until nicely coated.
- 3Sprinkle with salt, taste, and add a little more if needed, then sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Batatas corn Hortela (Minted Potatoes):
Prepare as directed but substitute 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint for the coriander.