How to Make Colcannon
- Put potatoes in a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to boil, cook until tender (15 or 20 minutes).
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp and save drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In bacon drippings or olive oil, saute onion and cabbage until soft and translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Drain potatoes. Mash with milk. Season with salt/pepper.
- Stir in bacon, cabbage, and onions.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Melt butter. Make a well in the center and pour in butter. Serves 8 Enjoy!