Colcannon Twice Baked Potatoes
4 largerusset potatoes
1 largeshallot diced
2 ccabbage chopped
4 clovegarlic minced
1/2 csour cream
1 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese
·salt and pepper
How to Make Colcannon Twice Baked Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Scrub potatoes and place on rack in oven and bake 1 hour.
Remove from oven and allow to cool about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile place 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet. Saute the shallot, cabbage and garlic until softened about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut them in half. Scoop out as much of the potatoes as you can without poking a hole in the skins. Place the skins on a greased baking sheet.
- Mix the scooped out potatoes with the remaining butter, sour cream, milk and cheese. Mix well. Add the cabbage mixture. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the shells letting it pile high on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with scallions before serving.