- 1lb 6oz/ 675g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 oz/100g curly kale, chopped (or spring cabbage or kale
- 1/2 cup scallions/spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions/spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 stick/100g butter
- salt and pepper
How to Make Colcannon (potato)
- 1Simmer the potatoes in lightly salted water until cooked - when pierced with a sharp knife the potato is soft in the middle.
Blanch the curly kale in boiling water for one minute. Drain and reserve.
- 2Chop half of the spring onions roughly and the other half finely. Add the roughly chopped scallions/ spring onions to the drained kale and pulse in a blender for 10 seconds.
Drain the potatoes and add the butter. When the butter has melted, mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy. Add the kale mixture and mix.
Finally, add the finely chopped scallions/spring onions and season to taste.