Colcannon - Irish recipe
- 1 1/4 lb
- about 2 large baking potatoes
- 3 c
- thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 c
- milk, scalded
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, cut into small pieces and softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled bacon, optional
- minced fresh parsley, optional
How to Make Colcannon - Irish recipe
- 1Peel and cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a sauce pan and simmer, covered for 15 min. or until they are tender.
- 2While potatoes are cooking. Steam the cabbage for 5 minutes or until its tender.
- 3Mash the potatoes adding the milk and butter.
Stir in the cabbage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with bacon and parsley, if desired.