★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 lbpotatoes,peeled and quartered
1 1/2 lbcabbage,quartered and cored
1 tspsalt and pepper
3scallions thinly sliced
How to Make Colcannon
- Bring to a boil in a saucepan the potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking the potatoes add cabbage quarters.
- Drain potatoes when done and slice cabbage into slices and set aside.
- Return potatoes to the saucepan and add butter,1/2 cup milk,salt and pepper and mash.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup milk and blend Then add the cabbage and mix well.
- Warm on low heat and stir till just hot and garnish with scallions.