- 2 lb
- potatoes,peeled and quartered
- 1 1/2 lb
- cabbage,quartered and cored
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- scallions thinly sliced
How to Make Colcannon
- 1Bring to a boil in a saucepan the potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 2Halfway through cooking the potatoes add cabbage quarters.
- 3Drain potatoes when done and slice cabbage into slices and set aside.
- 4Return potatoes to the saucepan and add butter,1/2 cup milk,salt and pepper and mash.
- 5Add remaining 1/2 cup milk and blend Then add the cabbage and mix well.
- 6Warm on low heat and stir till just hot and garnish with scallions.