Classic Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 5 large
- sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- orange juice or cranberry juice, optional
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 pkg
- (10.5 ounce) miniature marshmallows
How to Make Classic Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Boil sliced sweet potatoes in water until tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, mash the potatoes and stir until creamy. I like to leave some texture and not get all the lumps out but use your perference as a guide. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, juice and a dash of ground cinnamon.
- 2Spread the sweet potato mixture into a buttered 9 by 13 inch pan. Sprinkle the miniature marshmallows over the top and bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.