"Classic Hashbrown Potatoes"
always wring out the grated Potatoes in a towel for the best success.
The Butter gives them a dark golden color and not greasy taste.
How to Make "Classic Hashbrown Potatoes"
- 1Roll grated potatoes in towel and squeeze out all the Liquid, to dry stage.
- 2Toss dried grated potatoes with the salt and Pepper, in med. Bowl.
- 3Heat 1/2 the butter in 10 inch fry pan. Over med. high heat, until it just starts to brown.
Then Scatter potatoes evenly over this entire pan.
using a wide spatula, firmly press potatoes to flatten.
Reduce your heat to med.
continue cooking til a dark golden brown and crisp. about (7-8 min)
- 4Turn Hashbrowns over (browned side Up) onto large plate,
Add remaining butter and repeat process, melt butter, add potatoes back intp pan and brown other side. about 5-6 min this time to dark golden brn.
- 5Fold these potatoes in half,(omelet style) cook about 1 more min.
slide hashbrowns onto plate, cut into wedges and serve immediately
- 6NOTE: TIPS:
for Individual portions you can divide into (4) equal portions and reduce your cooking time to 5 Min per side.
- 7FLAVORS: VARRIED: . . OPTIONS.
Add: 2 Tbs onion grated
Add: 2 TBS each of Red & Green Bell Peppers.Diced small.
Add: 1-2 TBS your favorite Herbs
Add: Garlic to taste.
Garnish with snipps of chives or scallions, or green onions.