Cider glazed pork chops
Irisa Raina 9
With the cider you get the most amazing apple’licous flavor. So please do not skip these steps.
And when I do a dish like this I always do more potatoes then we will eat with the dinner. Then I have some deliciously seasoned potatoes ready for a breakfast or brunch.
When you brown the vegetables you are building flavors, and giving them a head start in the cooking process. This assures you that the vegetables will be cooked to perfection.
- 5 boneless pork chops
- 2 medium/large onions “ sliced “
- 5 tablespoons butter unsalted “ divided into 3 + 2 “
- 3 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 6 carrots cut into chunks
- 6 stalks of celery
- 8 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cans vernor’s ginger ale “ reduced to a wee bit over 1 cup “
- 2 & ½ cups apple cider “ reduced to ¾ cup “
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- caraway seeds
How to Make Cider glazed pork chops
- 9In the pan that you sautéed the vegetables in “DO NOT CLEAN THE PAN” all those beautiful browned bits on the bottom of the pan add more flavor to this dish!
Arrange the potatoes, and sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- 11Pour the reduced ginger ale over the vegetables.
- 15Cover and cook on 325 for 30 to 45 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and the chops are done. The time will depend on your oven.
- 16If you cannot find Vernor’s you can use Seagram’s ginger ale.
And you can use apple juice in place of the cider.