Chuck (bacon wrapped baked) potatoes
I sometimes cook these on the grill as well, be careful of flare-ups cause of the grease, I put in a baking dish and then cook on the grill.
Can easily double or triple the recipe, just adjust the cooking time.
- idaho potatoes, scrubbed clean
- onion,peeled cut in half & thinly sliced
- 6 slice
- salt & pepper to taste
How to Make Chuck (bacon wrapped baked) potatoes
- 1Turn oven onto 350. Get 6 squares of aluminum foil lined up place potato on each one.
- 2Cut a large V shape out of each potato. Put about 1 tablespoon of butter in the V of each potato, place 2-3 slices of onion ontop of butter. Sprinkle potato with salt and pepper. Put the cut out V section of potato back in (it will stick out some because of the butter and onion but it will be okay. Wrap bacon around the entire potato starting at one end,ending up on the other end. Wrap each potato in foil closing foil tightly around potato.
- 3Place on rimmed baking sheet (I put a piece of foil down on my baking sheet to catch any grease drips). Bake for 1 to 1/4 hours, turning potatoes halfway through. Check for potatoes doneness with a knife inserted into potato. Bacon will be done but not crisp, and a little pale in color because of the foil steaming/cooking.