Christoph's Warm Potato Salad
3 can(s)new potatoes
1/2 lbbacon, double smoked, cubed finely
1/2 smallonions, yellow, medium, diced
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 pinchcaraway seeds
3 Tbspmustard, spicy brown
3 dash(es)balsamic vinegar
1/2 cwhite wine
1/2 cbeef broth
How to Make Christoph's Warm Potato Salad
- Rinse the new potatoes in cold water to remove the excess salt.
- If the potatoes are larger than bite-size, either cut them in half or quarters. There is a method to this madness, besides making them bite-size; more surface area to soak up the variety of other flavors you'll be incorporating.
- Place the new potatoes in a large pot with just enough cold water to cover them. Turn the heat on medium-high, and leave them alone for the time being.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- Add the bacon to the oil, and saute until the fat turns translucent and starts to render.
- Add the diced onion to the bacon, and continue to saute until the onion gets soft, and/or the bacon starts to brown.
- In a large bowl, add the salt, pepper, Balsamic vinegar, mustard, and caraway seeds.
- Once the potatoes start boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let them boil for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
- Strain the potatoes, then add them to the large bowl.
- Stir to combine the potatoes with the mustard, etc.
- Add to the large bowl the sauteed bacon, fat, and onion to the potatoes, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the broth and wine and mix again.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to sit for roughly 15 minutes. The 15 minutes are to allow the flavors to be absorbed into the potatoes. Uncover, stir it again, and enjoy!