Christoph's Warm Potato Salad
- 3 can(s)
- new potatoes
- 1/2 lb
- bacon, double smoked, cubed finely
- 1/2 small
- onions, yellow, medium, diced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 pinch
- caraway seeds
- 3 Tbsp
- mustard, spicy brown
- 3 dash(es)
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c
- white wine
- 1/2 c
- beef broth
- 1 pinch
- 1 pinch
How to Make Christoph's Warm Potato Salad
- 1Rinse the new potatoes in cold water to remove the excess salt.
- 2If the potatoes are larger than bite-size, either cut them in half or quarters. There is a method to this madness, besides making them bite-size; more surface area to soak up the variety of other flavors you'll be incorporating.
- 3Place the new potatoes in a large pot with just enough cold water to cover them. Turn the heat on medium-high, and leave them alone for the time being.
- 4In a large skillet, heat the olive oil.
- 5Add the bacon to the oil, and saute until the fat turns translucent and starts to render.
- 6Add the diced onion to the bacon, and continue to saute until the onion gets soft, and/or the bacon starts to brown.
- 7In a large bowl, add the salt, pepper, Balsamic vinegar, mustard, and caraway seeds.
- 8Once the potatoes start boiling, turn the heat down to medium and let them boil for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
- 9Strain the potatoes, then add them to the large bowl.
- 10Stir to combine the potatoes with the mustard, etc.
- 11Add to the large bowl the sauteed bacon, fat, and onion to the potatoes, and stir thoroughly.
- 12Add the broth and wine and mix again.
- 13Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to sit for roughly 15 minutes. The 15 minutes are to allow the flavors to be absorbed into the potatoes. Uncover, stir it again, and enjoy!