Christoph's Roasted Garlic (s)mashed potatoes
6 largepotatoes, your choice
1 largegarlic head
2 Tbspbutter, softened
·salt to taste
·pepper to taste
2 Tbspsour cream, fat-free
·olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Christoph's Roasted Garlic (s)mashed potatoes
- Depending on the potatoes you use (I prefer New potatoes for this recipe) peel (if necessary) and rinse.
- Cut the potatoes into bite size or smaller, so they cook faster.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill with just enough cold water to cover them.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil on the stove under medium-high heat.
- Boil the potatoes continuously until they are softened, depending on what kind of potatoes you are using.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a small bowl with the aluminum foil, and place the garlic head inside. Add enough olive oil to just below the top of the head, and place in the preheated oven. Ensure the aluminum bowl doesn't leak or you have a mess to clean up!
- Roast the garlic for 20-25 minutes, or until browned on top, then remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Remove the individual cloves from the head of garlic into a bowl.
- With a fork, mash the garlic into a rough paste.
- Add the butter to the garlic paste, and continue to mash until combine thoroughly.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat, strain, and place in a large bowl.
- This part belongs to you. You can either mash the potatoes until creamy, or until lumpy.
- Add the salt and pepper (to taste), milk, sour cream, and mashed garlic/butter combo. Stir to combine.
- Serve, and enjoy!