Christoph's Roasted Garlic (s)mashed potatoes
How to Make Christoph's Roasted Garlic (s)mashed potatoes
- 1Depending on the potatoes you use (I prefer New potatoes for this recipe) peel (if necessary) and rinse.
- 2Cut the potatoes into bite size or smaller, so they cook faster.
- 3Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill with just enough cold water to cover them.
- 4Bring the potatoes to a boil on the stove under medium-high heat.
- 5Boil the potatoes continuously until they are softened, depending on what kind of potatoes you are using.
- 6Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Make a small bowl with the aluminum foil, and place the garlic head inside. Add enough olive oil to just below the top of the head, and place in the preheated oven. Ensure the aluminum bowl doesn't leak or you have a mess to clean up!
- 8Roast the garlic for 20-25 minutes, or until browned on top, then remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle.
- 9Remove the individual cloves from the head of garlic into a bowl.
- 10With a fork, mash the garlic into a rough paste.
- 11Add the butter to the garlic paste, and continue to mash until combine thoroughly.
- 12Remove the potatoes from the heat, strain, and place in a large bowl.
- 13This part belongs to you. You can either mash the potatoes until creamy, or until lumpy.
- 14Add the salt and pepper (to taste), milk, sour cream, and mashed garlic/butter combo. Stir to combine.
- 15Serve, and enjoy!