Chived Potatoes Au Gratin
- 3 lb
- potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- large onion, minced
- 1/3 c
- 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- 1/4 c
- fresh chives, minced
- 4-ounce jar chopped pimento, drained well
- paprika for garnish
How to Make Chived Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1Cook potatoes in salted water 5-7 minutes; drain and set aside while greasing a 2-quart casserole.
Add potatoes to greased casserole and set aside.
- 2In a medium fry pan, saute' onion in melted butter about 3 minutes. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Stir and cook about 1 minutes until bubbly. Slowly add milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thicken and bubbly...about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in the chives and pimentos mixing well with the sauce. Pour this sauce over the potatoes in the casserole. Gently stir to mix together. Sprinkle top with a little paprika.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes depending on the oven. Just be sure potatoes are bubbly and browned.